If you look at your the content editor in your WordPress admin area, you will see buttons to format your content as bold, italic,
struck through etc.
- You can make lists.
- Like this one.
You can add quotations.
There is no button that allows you to add a table – but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a table to your site. You just need to know how.
How to do it
- Head over to truben.no/table/ (a free table generator)
- Click on Table Size to select the size of your table
- Click on the HTML tab and copy the code
- In your WordPress editor, click on the Text tab
- Paste the HTML code where you want your table
- Click on the Visual tab and add content to your table*
*Note: For some reason, your WordPress editor will automatically insert a space character when you click on a table cell to add content, so make sure to press the Backspace or Delete key to remove it.
- Click on the Preview button to see how your table looks
Your designer should have installed styles on your site to make your table look good – like the one below.
||Contains the whole table|
Here to help
- You’re having trouble creating a table?
- Your table looks ugly?
- You’d like a button in your content editor to generate a table?
Contact me and we can work together to get tabular content onto your site.